Saturday 14 April 2018

My Six Pack Revolution Journey


This is a very emotional post for me to write and I hope you can bear with me until the end of it. The last 90 days have been literally life changing and I have to keep removing my glasses to wipe away the tears, some of sadness but mostly joy.


At the end of 2015 I was on top of the world, I was fit, happy and feeling amazing after running 100 miles in just over 26 hours non-stop & really looking forward to continuing my ultra journey into 2016 and beyond.


My world then pretty much fell apart on the 7th March 2016 with the sudden and truly unexpected death of my Mum......
My Dad really needed me for the rest of that year (and still does) as he just couldn’t cope on his own after 55 years together and his own health really deteriorated too. That meant that I had to be so strong on the outside to deal with everything that’s entailed legally with the death of a family member as well as caring for Dad. I had no real time for exercise and was returning to old habits of binge eating and drinking alcohol a little too much (in secret mostly) to cope with my own grief. I never stopped using my Herbalife products I just wasn't eating healthy for my main meal or snack and of course consuming far too many calories for my current exercise levels. I dread to think where I would have been if I had!


2017 was a little better as I had Graham’s Deca attempt to focus on as a distraction ensuring that we had all the kit required that would enable me to crew him to the best of my ability and help get him through to the end. Little did I realise how tough that would be, but we got him to the finish line at the end of 10 gruelling but awesome days in October and he is now part of an elite group who can call themselves Deca Triathletes.



Unfortunately, although through 2017 I was a little more in control of things, I still didn’t have enough time for my own exercise apart from 5k or less runs and dog walks due to Dad relapsing every few weeks and needing me more for a while. I was also eating the same meals as I was cooking for Graham including portion sizes without the exercise he was doing whilst training (as well as my extra unhealthy foods in secret.


Towards the end of 2017, with the Deca over and nothing in the future to focus on I wasn’t in a happy place at all. I pretty much hated how I looked and felt but didn’t have the impetus or know how to go about changing things. Crazy I know when I was still coaching customers using the Herbalife products to improve their own lives!


I began seeing posts about the Six Pack Revolution on Facebook in November and was intrigued by a few of my Herbalife colleagues who were on the program. I came close to signing up for the next wave several times and even got as far as the payment but just couldn’t click on the proceed button before closing my browser due to so much fear & self doubt that I would be able to do it.
Come December when their final results were published I was completely in awe but still didn’t think It was for me.


Between Christmas & New Year I found myself looking at Jo, Sarita & Ella’s results again and thinking “What if?”
The same little what if voice that had set me on the path to running a hundred miles 4 years ago. I hadn’t been able to hear that voice for such a long time but for some unknown reason the Universe was making it loud and clear again.
I seemed to have no choice but to heed it’s insistence and so I headed back to the #SixPackRevolution website and read every single word on every page looking for the catch.
It really was everything I needed, structure, meal plans, exercise plans and a coach to keep me on track and at so little cost too even though I’d missed out on the early bird deal. I decided there and then I would go for it and the minute I’d made the decision I felt a whole lot more in control of my own life.


The following few weeks I was just so eager to get started and vowed to do everything I was required to and even if it seemed impossible I would give it my best shot. I’ll be the first to admit it wasn’t always easy and sometimes it was truly difficult especially in the first few weeks, but never once did I feel I would quit. That voice in my head just kept with the message “what if....”


The meals have been delicious, easy to prepare & just fabulous. I love cooking and my Monday night meal prep evenings have been great, with Graham coming home after tri club swim training to do the washing up.
Using the Herbalife products as part of the plan far more focused than I have in years has resulted in no hunger and loads of energy too.
The exercise challenges have pushed me to do things I would never have done but the sense of achievement has been phenomenal and I feel so strong and immensely proud of my reducing fat levels and emerging muscles.
The coaches and fellow participants in the Facebook group have been invaluable and an integral part of the program too. Much love and thanks to every single one of them.


Fast forward to day 90 (today 14/04/18) and I’m not the same person I was in January at all and not just in the way my body looks!






I’m back to being the me of 2015 and more! Or is it less? as I’ve lost 9lbs of body fat, increased my hydration level by 2.3%, maintained a high level of muscle mass and lost a total of 12cm from my chest, 11cm from my waist and 8cm from my hips.

To say I’m ecstatic is an understatement and I’m already signed up to the May wave but this time I’m not focused on fat loss, I’m building a stronger more defined body and of course mind, as I'm under no illusions that it's going to be an easy 90 days.

 I’m so excited for my future 90 day results already.




I’m still grieving for Mum although it doesn't dominate every day life anymore, and Dad still needs my help which will obviously increase the older he gets (he’s just turned 80). But I’m in control and able to deal with things as they’re presented to me and not prone to worrying about things that haven’t happened yet.
The future is looking amazing and at 50 years old I truly feel half that age and that I have an incredible life in front of me.
 It’s just 4 weeks until the Enduroman 100 mile ultra marathon and I’m totally focused on crossing the finish line to get the medal that has alluded me twice before.


Hopefully this story will inspire a few people to take the leap and follow in my footsteps to a better, healthier happier future and I’d be delighted to help you in any way I can.


Thank you so much for staying with me to the end of this post.


With Love Claire XX






http://thesixpackrevolution.com/?ref=259
www.smedley-wellness.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment